In consideration of being allowed to participate in Gamaliel’s Transformational Justice Leadership Training (“the Training”) and/or Transformational Justice Convening (“the Convening”) to be held July 16-20 and July 20-22, 2022, respectively, at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Campus, the below signed participant agrees as follows:
- I am aware that the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) is an extremely contagious virus and that it is currently believed that COVID-19 spreads through person-to-person contact.
- I am familiar with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (”CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19, which are located at https://www.coronavirus.gov . I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day-to-day, and that the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated. I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates and making informed choices to take precautionary measures to protect myself and others.
- In addition to the CDC guidelines, I agree to abide by all policies published by Gamaliel (a.k.a. Gamaliel Foundation).
- By signing this agreement, I acknowledge that I am aware of the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Training and the Convening, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Facility may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others.
- I agree that, in the event that I suspect I became exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Training and/or the Convening and I elect to seek testing and/or treatment as a result therefrom, I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services and testing services.
- I voluntarily, choose to assume all the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, permanent disability, or death related to COVID-19 arising from or in connection with my presence at the Training and/or the Convening. I hereby release and hold harmless Gamaliel, their employees, agents, directors, officers and representatives and other participants from and against all liabilities (statutory or otherwise) for claims, suits, demands, judgments, costs, interest and expense (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and disbursements) for injury, illness, permanent disability, or death related to COVID-19 arising from or in connection with my presence at the Facility, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING BELOW I MAY BE WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.